Monday, May 11, 2009


I just finished re-reading one of my favorite kids book series from recent years. It's the Ulysses Moore series put out by Scholastic. It's an adventure book with lots of puzzles to solve. Jason & Julia are eleven year old twins from London who move to a mysterious mansion on the Cornwall coast. Their friend Rick, who lives in town, has always been fascinated with the mansion and stories of it's mysterious former owner Ulysses Moore. Together the kids discover a secret locked door. What I liked best is that each of the kids bring their own gifts and skills to the adventure. Rick's very practical, Jason's intuitive, and Julia's very action- oriented and athletic. It's a fun read and I'm buying them all. I tell myself it's so I can give them to my niece when she's older. LOL.

1 comment: